Monday, March 7, 2011

New Art, Lolita and Mermaids

I have been trying some new coloring techniques and I am very excited to share them with you <3 I know that I have not been on keeping up with Fanart Fridays, my last few weeks were very...hectic. So I am very excited to post some cute stuff up here!
Later on I will be posting some youtube vids of my coloring. Mmmmkay so I'll just get started!

First up is:

Lolita Love (Tea Please)
I just rekindled my love for Lolita fashion not so long ago. When I was younger, middle school aged, I wanted to dress in Lolita. The bows, pearls, curly hair, and petticoats drew me in. I was not able to dress up because I didn't have the money and I don't think my parents would let me walk out the house if I wore something like this. Now that I will be going to MTAC, I will finally wear Lolita. Now about the illustration.

This is a technique that I used once before. Before that, I have never painted/colored over my sketches before (usually I have finished lineart). I love that there aren't any lines and just color. I want to spend more time using this technique.

Alright, time for the next illustration. I was going in another direction with this one, but when I started coloring the drawing, I was just taken over by a different concept. I am pleased to present to you all:

Mermaid
I was super excited when I saw the final results. This was the first drawing I did that did not have lineart :) Originally I wanted the character to be laying on a bed of candy (I was listening to Luxurious from Gwen's Love Angel Music Baby) Before I knew it, she was under the sea with pearls in her hair. I really wish I had recorded this drawing session ;~; I think that I should make a story behind this illustration, you know, change it into a narrative.



Coloring for both of these images were done in Photoshop Elements 7.0

Well, that's all I have for right now. Thinking about changing my blog layout again...maybe later this week.

2 comments:

  1. Really cute! The colour schemes are fantastic. I really like the mermaid. <3

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin