Thursday, May 21, 2015

Been a long time!

Soooo... Here I am. It has been are really long time since I last posted anything. I'm thinking last September? Well, a lot has gone on since then, many of which were life changing. I guess that reason alone explains the hiatus. It's just too much to get into right now! Anyway, I am happy to say that I didn't let my circumstances get me down. It is truly by the Grace of God I am able to even write this entry. And it brings me even more joy to say that I have been getting back into drawing.  :)

Alright, now that all of that is out of the way, I have got news. I just submitted a design on Threadless for the category, Pet Peeves! It took a while to come up with something because for the most part, I don't think about what really grinds my gears. But then a conversation with my boyfriend came to mind and this was the product:

Flies <3 BBQ
You can cast your vote here:
Flies are my pet peeve. They fly in folks face, wake them up during a deep sleep, and land on food that you just took a bite out of! They are even worse when it comes to BBQ's! *shakes head*

I think that this was just what I needed to work through this creative block. This project reignited my passion for drawing and graphic design. And although this may not be my greatest work yet, this illustration will be near and dear to me because of the process and the person who inspired the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin