Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Here's to a Brighter Future! Happy New Year!

Oh my gosh! Can you believe that 2013 has come and gone so quickly? I can't, but at the same time, I really don't mind. Although I didn't accomplish ALL that I  wanted, I'm not going to worry about it, and neither should you. Tomorrow is New Years and it is definitely the time to look forward (that is, if you haven't done so already).
So, being the person who takes her own advice, that is what I am doing. Here are my plans for my New Year. Let's check it out!

  1. Focus on myself
    This past year, I've been focusing on work. I've poured so much energy into my job and other people that by the time I got home to do personal projects, I was drained. My projects did get done, and at the same time, I would have liked to preserve some time for myself. So I am going to manage my time wisely and make a schedule for myself.
  2.  Keep Etsy Shop STOCKED
    I have no problem keeping my shop opened, it's keeping it stocked that seems to be the trouble. I pretty much let the items expire and then when I "have the time", that is when I renew them (usually 6 months later! Yikes!). How do I plan on breaking this vicious cycle? I think that making items that I can easily reproduce is key. If I can quickly print out the item or sew up a batch of 5 pieces within the hour, that will help keep the shelves stocked. I think that promotions will help along with new ideas. I've just finished making some new goodies and I can't wait to share them!
  3. Promote my artwork
    I think it is fair to say that I am very... private in aspects of my life. My artwork being one of those things. Not many people, including family members and close friends, know I have this talent. And since I went to school to become a Graphic Designer/Visual Artist, I know that displaying my work is what I wanted to do. Not to mention my never ending dream of one day making a full-length cartoon (FlipNotes for DSi is Boss). So I guess you can see how being an Introverted Intuitive can be somewhat hindering.
    So, Ms. INFJ, tell us, what are you going to do to change this?
    Well,  I'm going to continue loading my drawing videos on youtube as well as a few tutorials. I'm also going to load finished and WIP pieces on Flickr. And I am going to sell my original artworks by incorporating them with items I make.
    And last but not least...
  4. Grow in God
    I think the title pretty much says it all. Sometimes it's just so easy to get caught up in distractions and neglect what is really important, and to me that is my relationship with Jesus. If I take the time to manage my day and remember to talk to Him or read my Bible, that helps.
    A little bit goes a long way~ Jessica Simpson
Alright, so now that I have just completely put it out there, I can't renege. This is practically written in stone (unless I delete this post Mwahahaha). But yeah, this is my plan... my resolution that I will honestly attempt to stick to. Sure there may be times that I will just shy away from my goals. But the next day, I will choose to make it better. What is done in the past is done, but today, you can  look forward and control what you do now to make a difference.

Have a Happy and Safe NEW YEAR!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin